Your photo could be on the cover of Ruralite magazine
Wells Rural Electric Co. is hosting a Ruralite Cover Photo contest, with winning entries earning $25 power gift certificates.
- Each member may submit up to five photos.
- All submissions must include the photographer’s name and location of the photo.
- All submitted photos must be taken within the WREC service territory.
- Contest is open only to WREC members.
- Submissions must be high resolution, vertical digital images in jpeg format sized to approximately 8-by-10 inches.
- Prints will not be accepted.
- The contest will be judged by Ruralite editors.
Email your high-resolution photos to email@example.com, or deliver a CD with high-resolution images to the Wells Rural Electric Co. office. Winning photos will be featured on the cover of the WREC edition of Ruralite magazine. Winners also will receive a poster print of the cover with their winning photo.
Deadline to submit photos is November 25, 2018.
By submitting photos to this contest, you agree to give Wells Rural Electric Co. the right to use submitted photos on the cover of Ruralite magazine and on the WREC website and Facebook page.
Tips to Improve Your Photography
- Read the contest rules carefully. Make sure your photos meet the resolution standards required. No horizontal photos will be accepted.
- Check your focus. Even slightly out-of- focus images will not make the cut.
- Look for the light. Wait to shoot when the sun is low in the sky, either at sunrise or sunset.
- Practice. Professional photographers practice their craft, so why shouldn’t you? Experiment with the settings on your camera and lenses, read a book, take a class. The more photos you shoot, the better odds you have of making one that will be a winner next year.