Make Your Voice Heard
National Voter Registration Day September 22, 2020
Make Sure You’re Ready for the General Election
Vote. Regardless of where your political beliefs are aligned or which candidates you support, the important thing is you use your voice and cast a ballot in this year’s general election.
Democratic leadership elected by the people is one of the foundations of our republic. With National Voter Registration Day coming up Tuesday, September 22, this month is the perfect time to remind our friends, family, neighbors, and community members to make sure they’re prepared for the general election November 3.
What’s at stake? Regardless of the winners and losers, life will continue just the same on November 4 as on November 3. However, the people chosen to represent our interests on the local, state, and national levels have a significant impact on the way our society functions on a larger scale.
Don’t miss your opportunity to elect officials who share your views, cares and concerns.
Local Elections Matter
What is your vision for our communities? While congressional and presidential elections get most of the attention, don’t forget how important local elections are in shaping the places we live.
Whether it’s a mayoral, city council, state representative, sheriff, school board election, or even a ballot initiative, local elections have a massive effect on day-to-day life in the communities where we live.
Your vote is one way in which you can help make sure local leaders share your vision.
Nevada residents can visit the Nevada Secretary of State website to register by October 29, 2020.* Register by mail or in person by October 6, 2020*
- Cast your ballot early at official locations October 17 through October 30. Contact your county clerk for more information.
- Absentee ballot—Nevada plans to automatically send a mail-in ballot to every active registered voter in the state for the 2020 general election.
- Must be postmarked by November 3, 2020, or dropped off at designated county locations.
Utah residents can visit the Vote Utah website to register by October 23, 2020 by 5 p.m.* Register by mail or in person by October 23, 2020*
- Cast your ballot early at official locations October 20 through October 30. Contact your county clerk for more information.
- Absentee ballot—Utah plans to automatically send a mail-in ballot to every active registered voter in the state for the 2020 general election.
- Must be postmarked by November 2, 2020, or drop off your ballot at a dropbox location before 8 p.m. on Election Day.
*Miss the deadlines? You can register to vote at an early voting location or an Election Day voting location. However, you will need to present additional forms of identification. Contact your county clerk for more information.